How to Select a Radio - Why I bought the Icom IC-T10

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 17 ก.ย. 2024

ความคิดเห็น • 104

• @timk7749
    @timk7749 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +17

I started using bnc on all my HT and it makes it lots easier and quicker to take off the bnc antenna and screw in either a mic or a digital cabel. It definitely will save the life of the SMA. Maybe a solution for you. 73

• @solidstrike165
      @solidstrike165 15 วันที่ผ่านมา

Would you recommend adding a drop of threadlocker? My adapters tend to want to unscrew when I try to remove the antenna by the BNC connection, defeating the purpose of adding the adapter in the 1st place

• @timk7749
      @timk7749 15 วันที่ผ่านมา

@@solidstrike165 I would be nervous to do that. I haven't had any issues. I do notice that I put one thumb on the adapter when I'm twisting off the bnc that keeps it from moving.

• @prestonm4s
    @prestonm4s 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +7

I chose the TYT MD UV-390+ it's been field tested and loved by 2S Underground it's affordable analog/DMR IP67 has encryption dual band battery lasts all day able to be Mars modded and run on any channel has tons of customizable features has a quality k1 connector ❤

• @isaiahlynn8677
      @isaiahlynn8677 16 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

same, its a great radio at a great price

• @Swamp-Fox
    @Swamp-Fox 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +4

I enjoy hearing the thought process others use when choosing gear. Thanks for sharing!

• @TheTechPrepper
      @TheTechPrepper  15 วันที่ผ่านมา

Thanks for listening! There is no perfect radio for everything and rank ordering must-have requirements is the only way to arrive at a decision that meets your needs.

• @wheeler7973
    @wheeler7973 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

I like the way you approach the criteria you need for your tools.
    Always great to hear your perspective and insight

• @TheTechPrepper

Glad to hear it. Thanks.

• @milwman1958
    @milwman1958 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +3

The new Yaesu FTX-1F certainly be a popular radio mostly because I want the all channels and capabilities and bands.

• @raithjames860
    @raithjames860 16 วันที่ผ่านมา

I'm glad you saw the light. There is another big plus about the VX-6 after mars mod. It is the only HT that can TX on 121.5 (aircraft emergency frequency). Not something to be abused, but in a life and death situation, it permits direct contact with aircraft during an emergency. My favourite radio, the FT-5 cannot accomplish even after being modded. That is the reason, I still have a VX-6 around. If the VX-6 only had GPS functionality, it would be the perfect HT for me.

• @m.p.6330
    @m.p.6330 15 วันที่ผ่านมา

As others have said, add a bnc to the antenna. The screw in plug is a feature, not a flaw. Its an excellent radio for your pouch, as the plug is screwed in and secured and on top. Maybe not the perfect radio for every situation, but if it needs to go in a pouch, and be weatherproof, this is it. Great content as always.

• @TheTechPrepper
      @TheTechPrepper  14 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

I've been using the Diamond SMAP but they do not maintain the IP67 rating. All the BNC antennas start to rust within a few weeks of trail running with the sweat build up. It's a personal problem.

• @nvrumi
    @nvrumi 16 วันที่ผ่านมา

Gaston, this was an excellent analysis and presentation of your process. It is one many could learn from, including me.
    I went through something of a similar analysis a couple years ago. I had a used Kenwood TH-D7A(G), which is an excellent handheld. However, it requires a wall wart and cradle for charging the NiMH battery pack.
    My requirement was for charging from the station power supply (12vdc). The TH-6 and the D74 both charge from 12vdc and both offer LION battery packs, as well as a AA cradle for emergency power supply. They are not IP67, unfortunately, but that is a lower requirement for me at this time.
    The Mobilinkd and Digirig modules work with the TH-6 just fine. I'm not fully into the D74 just yet, so there are things to be learnt there.
    Thanks for sharing your process.

• @TheTechPrepper

It's great to see others taking the time evaluate there needs and stack it up against what is available on the market. It's rare to find a "one size fits all" solution. Thanks for sharing!

• @owlcricker-k7ulm
    @owlcricker-k7ulm 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Thanks GMan. Good thought process as usual!

• @TheTechPrepper
      @TheTechPrepper  17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Thanks, Dick. I try to think through all aspects of comms. Unfortunately, I was blinded by a lot of the commercial features and deep discount on the T10. I knew that field charging would be a problem, but incorrectly decided to let it slide. Big mistake! It's been nice seeing you on JS8.

• @joelhuntress6736
    @joelhuntress6736 16 วันที่ผ่านมา

Hold the VX6 upside down when installing the threaded connector. Let the cable dangle and twist in the air. No need to remove the antenna. Works for the speaker mic too. 73.

• @TheTechPrepper
      @TheTechPrepper  14 วันที่ผ่านมา

Thanks for the tip. It's better, but this technique still damages the cable over time.

• @candyman__87
    @candyman__87 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

I picked up the IC-T10 looking at the MIL-810 G and IP67 rating since I'm looking for something that will take a beating. Biggest issue for me like you is lack of aftermarket support and lack of range from Icom. Haven't sold mine off yet, but certainly would for the right price. Only problem is I can't really find anyone else interested in the model.

• @EverydayMarksman
    @EverydayMarksman 16 วันที่ผ่านมา

Good video, thanks! I also picked up an IC-T10 for many of the same reasons, but my requirements were slightly different. The big thing for me and my uses was that I wanted access to a rugged and water-sealed speaker mic for outdoors use in crappy weather. As far as I can tell, nobody makes a speaker mic that meets those specs for the VX6r. Ended up with the IC-T10 and an Otto Evolution mic, it's a great combo. The only issue is the field charging or battery power source, and I'm hoping that someone resolves that.

• @TheTechPrepper
      @TheTechPrepper  15 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

There's is an IP67 speaker mic for the VX-6R. I've had a pair for as long as I've owned these radios. It's the Yaesu MH-73A4B

• @chrisherd991
    @chrisherd991 15 วันที่ผ่านมา

Hi Gaston, I have a vx6 and there is a way to screw in the connector without removing the antenna. If you hold the radio upside down with the antenna pointing down. Then it is easy to screw in the cable as gravity “sort of” keeps the cable parallel to the antenna. When done the connect your phone or whatever and you are done.

• @TheTechPrepper

Great tip. I've used that technique too. It's better, but also has damaged the cable.

• @k5wxp22
    @k5wxp22 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

Man Gaston, you have been cranking out the content lately! Sure glad I didn't run out and buy the Icom...I read several reviews and watched a bunch of videos after you got yours, and held off on buying. I am still enjoying my Tidradio TD-H3 and Baofeng UV21R's. I don't have the dust/sweat proof needs that you do, so they suit me pretty well. Nice part on the TD-H3 is you can program repeaters via bluetooth while traveling.
    Amazing to see how your channel has blown up with subscribers...congratulations, your hard work is paying off! 73. Brett K5WXP

• @EvanK2EJT
    @EvanK2EJT 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +5

I really struggle with the lack of onboard 12v ports or USB-C on a modern radio. Now, I understand that commercial users could care less about that since their radios will go in the cradle every night.....but for amateur radio or GMRS, there's no excuse for the lack of onboard charging......it's 2024 not 1984.

• @k5wxp22
      @k5wxp22 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

Totally agree, Evan! I have been playing with the Baofeng UV21R and Tidradio td-h3 lately, and they both have USB C charging. I tossed the charging cradles to reduce clutter and charge with either a brick, car charger via cig lighter, or wall wart. Sure makes things easier. 73!

• @johnmossy3757
      @johnmossy3757 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Totally agree. Should have been an alternative power source or at the least usb charging. ICOM missed it on that one. Not hard to put usb in a battery🙄🙄🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

• @rdbarnes8443
    @rdbarnes8443 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +3

Have you tested the transmit power on the gmrs frequencies after the mars mod? One of my biggest disappointments with the vx6 was the very low transmit power on gmrs frequencies.

• @TheTechPrepper

The output is lower across the board when transmitting out band. My solution is getting to a better position and running a more effective antenna.

• @RB01138
    @RB01138 7 วันที่ผ่านมา

I wanted the VX-6R, but the T-10 was almost 50% off, so I bought two of them for my wife and I.

• @TheTechPrepper
      @TheTechPrepper  6 วันที่ผ่านมา

It's a great radio and hard to pass up at the discounted price. Well done.

• @pale_2111
    @pale_2111 15 วันที่ผ่านมา

You got a deal on that HT. I was interested when Icom announced it, until I heard the MSRP on the radio. Seems a lot of money for just a basic FM Transceiver HT for my taste.
    Decided to get the ID-52A because it had more capabilities and the batteries are the same as the 705. Eventually upgraded to the Kenwood D-75A from the ID-52A.

• @TheTechPrepper

I agree. I was excited when I first saw the T10 announcement a couple years back, but the price point was a hard "no" given the feature set. Good call on the ID-52A. I'm curious about the ID-50 and ID-52.

• @pale_2111

@TheTechPrepper They're great radios and have a lot of features. The main difference is that the 52 has a color screen and Bluetooth with a micro USB charging/data port.
      On the ID-50, it has USB-C. It's smaller in size with the same IP-67 capabilities, minus the Bluetooth and color screen. Both use the same batteries as the 705. The downside is that they're a real pain to manually program.
      Icom is releasing the ID-52A Plus soon. Same features and the Original 52, but with USB-C and newer Bluetooth hardware. It's going to be expensive, almost the price of the Kenwood D-75A. If you decide to spent that sort of money on an HT, the Kenwood D-75A would be the better choice to be honest. It'll have a lot more capabilities than the ID-50 and 52/Plus.

• @TheTechPrepper

@@pale_2111 Thanks for the rundown. I actually had the Kenwood D74A and loved to its features, but had to sell it a couple years back as it was not rugged enough for my use. Unfortunately, the D75A has a similar construction.

• @pale_2111

@@TheTechPrepper That's the downside of the D-74/75A. They're already expensive. Kenwood should've made those radios IP67 rated for the price. Hopefully, Kenwood can come out with a radio with similar features with the IP67 standards.

• @Kilo7Juliet
    @Kilo7Juliet 16 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Another great video. Any thoughts on using an ID-50? While more expensive, it seems like it would work for your use case. I have been running the ID-52 since it came out. Best HT out there. Only thing it lacks is APRS, but you solved that problem with the Digirig. The ID-50/52 can charge via USB, 12V or cradle which is nice and Icom offers 3 different battery sizes.

• @ChrisKD9YSW
    @ChrisKD9YSW 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

Thank you for the information

• @TheTechPrepper

You're very welcome. I hope that it will be good food-for-thought.

• @johndigiovanni
    @johndigiovanni 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

The FT-60 Mic connection drives my crazy when it backs out and throws the radio into transmit. I have been putting a rubber band around the mic connection to help with that. I wish they used the old Kenwood style dual connection as I never had an issue with that one in any radio with it. 73 de N3LUD

• @henryslab
    @henryslab 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

Did you finish the series on the Motorola you were evaluating? What was the result? I don’t remember seeing a video

• @DominicMazoch
    @DominicMazoch 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Have you considered the type of waterproof bags that are for marine handies. You may have to take it out of the bag to operate, but it would not be exposed to the extream sweat. A consideration in Houston because of our high heat humidity and heat indexices.

• @k5wxp22
      @k5wxp22 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

My Dad and his friends used to bag their speakers on the beach while stationed in Okinawa. They sounded fine and kept all the sand and moisture out. Your idea sounds good to me!

• @GmailNexus
    @GmailNexus 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

I think this model is popular with specops guys in training environments, I have seen it in videos here and there.

• @berklee33
    @berklee33 15 วันที่ผ่านมา

Why not use an SMA to BNC adapter and standardize in antennas with BNC. This enables use of portable J-pole as well as standard 2M/70cm antennas. Modular approach is good.

• @TheTechPrepper

I use them for my roll-up J-Pole with the VX-6R. However, even the Diamond BNCJ-SMAP is not IP67. I've rusted two adapters and BNC antennas within a few weeks of use due to the sweat.

• @berklee33
      @berklee33 14 วันที่ผ่านมา

@@TheTechPrepper Have seen anodized SMA to BNC adaptors (even own a few) … not certain if that causes a loss in transmission, but certainly would be less prone to oxidation. Remaining alternative is stainless steel (which I have NOT seen.). 73

• @TheTechPrepper

@@berklee33 I'll check some other options out. Thanks.

• @milwman1958
    @milwman1958 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

As far as sweat on your radios, get a box dual zipper freezer bags, big enough you can get your handheld in there cut through one side, big enough to push your antenna through and zip it shut and if you get caught in rain, even if you had to have waterproof radios extra skins for the expensive to replace stuff never heard anyone and you can talk to her. Leave them right in there. Scott KF0HRF

• @DominicMazoch
    @DominicMazoch 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

I have taken 6 large batteries for the UV5R. Fully charged when I left Houston. Two rigs. One was set for scanning railroads. Other was for ham comms in and around Flatonia TX. Dis not kill all the batteries for the weekend.
    Now Baofeng Tech has a USB charging cable for those batteries.
    And they have the large batteries with USB charging using USB cell chargers.
    Plus a pack you can put your own alkalines in.
    At prices Mr. Scrooge would like.
    I do not expect Y, I or K to have rock bottom prices. But good grief, you need to have reasonably priced entry level stuff!
    And do you have to come up with a new line of accessories every time you come up with a new rig
    The Ic02, O4, and the RS 202 and 404 used the same stuff, except for direct 12v DC power. The Icons needed a way to reduce power into the Ic02 and 04.
    Why can't we have that today.

• @anthonymorgan9461
    @anthonymorgan9461 16 วันที่ผ่านมา

I bought the digirig lite recently and immediately observed the potential for the exact fault you are having. I do think the cable could be significantly tougher to begin with and an exploring making my own. Also it appears the wire itself is not glued/ molded to the plug boot... Perhaps some glue here will help with wire twisting off internally?

• @kurt53641
    @kurt53641 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +4

What about the I’d-52 and the new plus? Water proof as well.

• @hammodetv
      @hammodetv 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

Or the ID-50a. Sold my VX-6R due to the same issues discussed above. Bought a new ID-50A for $375 and couldn’t be happier.

• @kurt53641
      @kurt53641 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

@@hammodetvyep! Paired with ic-705 since it uses same battery it’s gold for survival purposes.

• @johnmossy3757
      @johnmossy3757 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

@@hammodetvI’ve been looking at getting an id50. How u like it so far?

• @kurt53641
      @kurt53641 16 วันที่ผ่านมา

ID-52 series are definitely worth looking into for prepping and survival.

• @Kilo7Juliet
      @Kilo7Juliet 16 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Agreed. The ID-52 has been the best amateur HT I have owned to date. 3 ways to charge the battery, amazing audio, easy to use menu, large display....

• @CamilleCullen-ow6qj
    @CamilleCullen-ow6qj 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

Great video thanks!! Robert K5TPC

• @kwdrew5419
    @kwdrew5419 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

I know it's not ideal but i was considering a blind spot 12v power pipe cord, it's USB C to 12v and if paired with a 12v capable battery bank it should power the cradle. Not ideal but workable.

• @cmritchie04
    @cmritchie04 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

Almost all of my radio gear is commercial, being tossed in the trash at the time and I salvaged it from the land fill, mostly Motorola Jedi radios and Maxtrac 300...one Icom was given to me thanks to a co worker...the ones that I did purchase where 2 Ft-7800 one used currently as a base station and the other was used in a 98 Jeep Wrangler due to its remote head. I also have a XV-7R that is just sitting doing nothing, I paid retail for it. The Main Issue Is Nobody In The Family Is Into Radios At All! A Family Member Tried Using One of My Radios To Call a Co worker On a Motorola HT1000 But Was Actually Calling The Local County Emergency Services Radio Room. Everyone uses cell phones and has no interest in radio.

• @JohnSmith-xi2oq
    @JohnSmith-xi2oq 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

If it says yaesu on it, i buy it. Thats my process for selection!

• @Sparkfly88
    @Sparkfly88 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

I'm curious why you haven't just gotten a BNC adapter for that antenna, then the worry about wearing out the SMA connector is no longer there

• @TheTechPrepper
      @TheTechPrepper  17 วันที่ผ่านมา

I actually pair each VX-6R with the Diamond BNCJ-SMAP adapter but have never been convinced that this adapter is fully IP67 rated. It looks like it is very close. I will have use it more once I find a decent tri-band (or dual band) BNC antenna that is similar in size and rigidness to the stock VX-6R. The longer high gain antennas whip me in the face a pose an eye hazard.

• @Sparkfly88
      @Sparkfly88 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

@@TheTechPrepper sounds like another dunk test with the adapter is in order. 😂😂

• @Sparkfly88
      @Sparkfly88 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

@@TheTechPrepper the adapter I use has a rubber ring around the base which I hear it seal against the rubber seal of the radio

• @mikeblaw
    @mikeblaw 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

The market that the major manufacturers are aiming at is sedentary. Most hams do not need (or want) the level of moisture/dust protection and ruggedness that a VX series radio offers. Most hams are not going into the backcountry or engage in serious outdoor action activities. The market for hams that will engage in these activities is comparatively small.
    The VX series is a Swiss Army knife radio. It is waterproof/resistant. It is built like a tank. It will stand up to serious outdoor activities. You might want to look at the VX-7. Unfortunately out of production. Same ecosystem that you have. Addition of 6m and AM, which, when MARS modded, gives 40-225 and 300-580 AM and FM which is significant as you get airband AM which is useful when working with aviation on a SAR op.
    Issue with other antenna connection types is that the radio might loose some of the watertightness with these...

• @rlee6763
      @rlee6763 16 วันที่ผ่านมา

I just purchased a used VX-7R at the H'ville Hamfest. I paid $250 cash for it in the original box w/all accessories, including (2) batteries and antennas. I purchased an additional Diamond SRH940 antenna for it. My only initial concern is the age of the radio and being discontinued. Its appearance though is near perfect.
      I was planning on getting the VX-6R but chose this because of the 220 and 6 meter ability. I'll MARS mod it and go from there. I hope it accomplishes my goals. I'll know more after regular EDC usage.
      KQ4BAC lee - Arm up America!

• @mikeblaw
      @mikeblaw 16 วันที่ผ่านมา

@@rlee6763 You can software mod the VX-7 using VX-7 Commander -- if you google VX-7 commander, you should find it. Good luck! The age of the radio shouldn't matter other than you should invest in new batteries if it came with OEM batteries. Amazon is your friend.

• @RenThraysk
    @RenThraysk 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Surprised no 3.5mm TRRS threaded to 4 pin magnetic adaptor available, if made compact enough could leave it in the radio.

• @mikemcdonald5147
    @mikemcdonald5147 15 วันที่ผ่านมา

how are the two radios to program from software and from the front keypads? Usually the software is easy copy and paste to program. But sometimes im in the field and need to put in a repeater or program a channel via the front keypad. How easy are these two radios to do that?

• @TheTechPrepper

They're pretty simple to field program if you're used to older Yaesu radios like the FT-60R. I do it all the time and even have a set of field cards over on BMAC.

• @jonpitchford
    @jonpitchford 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

Do you have the link for the thumb screws? Didn’t see it in the description. Thanks for all you do!

• @TheTechPrepper

My mistake. I forgot to include it. The link is in the description. You're welcome!

• @AJohnSmith
    @AJohnSmith 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

🙌🏻

• @Cognosapien
    @Cognosapien 14 วันที่ผ่านมา

If you will have more than one vx-6r, why not just leave one always connected to the digirig? It could just remain like that as your designated digital mode setup. Or do you prefer to often switch back and forth to voice with one edc radio?

• @TheTechPrepper
      @TheTechPrepper  14 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

I use my trail radio for both voice and digital every day. The same applies to my EDC VX-6R. Unfortunately, I am not going to carry two radios.

• @bruehlt
    @bruehlt 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

That's a shame about the Icom - on the surface it looks like a good radio, but I agree about the VX-6 - its just an awesome radio and they aren't priced too bad either.

• @turdferguson2863
    @turdferguson2863 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

Uh oh a new radio! 😂 📻

• @TheTechPrepper

I broke my rule that I publicly announced in January 2024. Oh, well.

• @turdferguson2863
      @turdferguson2863 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

@@TheTechPrepper it's okay!! I think you'll get away with it! Keep pushing forward I'm grateful for the work you're doing here.

• @late_fee
    @late_fee 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

Any thoughts on the recently announced Yaesu FTX-1F ? Thanks.

• @TheTechPrepper

Yes, but it is early. I will be hanging onto my twin FT-818ND manpacks. As it will not replace those from the perspective of field operations. The new FTX-1F will not work for me for field operations for a number of reasons that are similar to why I can't use the 705. The big one is form factor. The spectrum scope is unnecessary and will likely be a power hog and not work well in the sun. I think this radio well serve others well, but not me. If Yaesu opted for 20 watts, I would likely forgive my earlier points. Either way, I will give it a try when it is available. This announcement is actually forcing me to go down the path of building my own ruggedized radio for 2025. If the "Big Three" will not do it, I will try to build the manpack radio that I want myself.

• @teamblindsquirrel
    @teamblindsquirrel 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

Have you considered a BNC type connection for the antenna? In theory it would lengthen the life of the sma.

• @TheTechPrepper
      @TheTechPrepper  17 วันที่ผ่านมา +2

I actually pair each VX-6R with the Diamond BNCJ-SMAP adapter but have never been convinced that this adapter is fully IP67 rated. It looks like it is very close. I will have use it more once I find a decent tri-band (or dual band) BNC antenna that is similar in size and rigidness to the stock VX-6R. The longer high gain antennas whip me in the face a pose an eye hazard.

• @tjs2909
      @tjs2909 17 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

To piggyback on to what others have said, I’ve switched to bnc connectors on all my field equipment, including the diamond adapters for my HTs.
      I also wear and use my radios in a similar fashion as you and have been using diamond rh707 and rh519 antennas. They’ve worked well so far.

• @genemcphee8053
    @genemcphee8053 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

Good afternoon Gaston,
    2 questions: 1- How can I get the chest rig with the slanted HT pouch?
    2- Where can I find the desk top shelf that appears in a number of videos( metal legs and wood top)?
    I'm researching the Icom IC-T10
    Gene, McPhee

• @TheTechPrepper

1. It's from Hill People Gear. Mine is the SAR Kit Bag (medium)
      2. I built that shelf using furniture legs from Amazon and a prefabricated board from Lowes. I can recall if covered it in a video. If I did, it would be one of these:
      th-cam.com/video/K8vhX27w18Q/w-d-xo.html
      th-cam.com/video/LdzGjgDF8sE/w-d-xo.html
      Here are the legs I used: amzn.to/3XnRLBI
      I hope this helps.

• @genemcphee8053
      @genemcphee8053 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

@@TheTechPrepper Thanks for the info , Gaston. Very helpful.
      Enjoy the weekend.
      PREPARE DAILY!
      Gene

• @DominicMazoch
    @DominicMazoch 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

I like the Y FT70 except for that dreaded mike connector, and poor battery life.

• @hotelhero1
    @hotelhero1 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

I tried to sign up for your Gold level membership but it looks like it’s full

• @TheTechPrepper

Unfortunately, It's been full since I first opened it January of 2022. I only have bandwidth for five 1-on-1 calls per months, so I had to cap that tier. I appreciate the support.

• @ropehnd
    @ropehnd 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

What’s the status on your Motorola DMR radios?

• @TheTechPrepper

I am using the 7550e units under the business license. I may do an update video later.

• @ropehnd
      @ropehnd 16 วันที่ผ่านมา

@@TheTechPrepper
      Please do. I really enjoyed your deep dive into the 6550 as well. It seems like a killer budget DMR package.

• @johnmossy3757
    @johnmossy3757 17 วันที่ผ่านมา

If ICOM would have offered an 18650 battery case or an aa battery case or even usb charging I would have been all over this radio🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻