The In-Camera Clarity Setting of Fujifilm X-Pro3, X100V, X-T4

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 16 ก.ย. 2024

ความคิดเห็น • 42

• @spyhunter6411
    @spyhunter6411 4 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Glad you mentioned the write speed. It was driving me crazy and I thought I was the only person dealing with it.

• @Jayshooter_photo
      @Jayshooter_photo  4 ปีที่แล้ว

You're welcome... :D And thx for watching.

• @ChristophFreiburger
    @ChristophFreiburger 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Deine Videos sind großartig. Ohne Schnörkel auf den Punkt gebracht!
    Danke dafür! Ich habe meine X100V seit gut einer Woche und habe schon wirklich viel hier bei dir gelernt!

• @Jayshooter_photo
      @Jayshooter_photo  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Vielen Dank! Es ist sehr motivierend, wenn man so ein Feedback bekommt... Nächstes Jahr gehts weiter. 😉 Guten Rutsch und bleib gesund!

• @ray_han_ls
    @ray_han_ls ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice and simple best explanation ❤

• @saroshhavewala4533
    @saroshhavewala4533 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Very useful. Looking forward to more such videos on other image quality settings, especially the new ones on the X100V.

• @Jayshooter_photo
      @Jayshooter_photo  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey Sarah. I will make some more. Promised! ;) Thx for watching!

• @goodbokeh
    @goodbokeh 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I use Clarity often with +3 my most used setting for landscapes, architecture and general photos. I combine it with Color Chrome Red & Blue for some nice pop with Astia. I'm a old color slide shooter so SOOC JPEGs are my preferred medium. These new JPEG settings are definitely a big plus for me on the newest Fuji bodies. I have to always go to Adobe Camera Raw with my Sony a7r3 to get as good looking final product. PITA but sometimes worth it.

• @Jayshooter_photo

Interesting combo of settings. Thx for sharing & watching!

• @34136TS
    @34136TS 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Ciao Jay! I find it better to adjust the clarity afterwards in Fuji's own RAW converter software - that way I don't slow down the shoot but I still retain their excellent colour profiles via in camera jpeg conversion. Excellent demonstration of the effects - bravo! Love the music too, great presentation.

• @Jayshooter_photo

I love taking pictures, but I don't like the editing part. So in my opinion it's an advantage to get everything in camera. Thx for watching!

• @PerryCarbonell
    @PerryCarbonell 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I didnt even notice it was there - thanks man, most helpful.

• @donho6523
    @donho6523 4 ปีที่แล้ว +3

I thought I had a bad X100v until I found out setting Clarity value to anything other than 0 was the culprit "Grrrr"!!! Like you said it is a big deal to wait for storing to happen. I just don't use it. I hope that Fuji comes up with a software fix though because I do like the images I created using it. (Plus 4 on Chrome)

• @Jayshooter_photo

I doubt it can be fixed through firmware as it seems to be dependent on processor performance. But maybe some witchcraft can be done here. Thx for watching!

• @stephendixon8575
      @stephendixon8575 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I just received my new GFX100s and after playing around with the settings I began to think I had acquired a faulty unit - on the Super Fine JPegs from the 102MP sensor that "Storing" flash page between shots lasts for several seconds! I almost called Fuji technical support until I somehow found it was the in camera Clarity settings; basically the same at anything other than zero, even using UHS-II SD cards, so it’s clearly just the internal processing power/time lag involved. On the GFX100S it genuinely makes using any amount of in camera Clarity absolutely useless, and will save it for post processing work

• @mikeavison5383
    @mikeavison5383 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi Jay, nice video, well done. Only one small thing your definition of sharpness was incorrect. I'm sure you know what it is really but in your commendable effort to keep the video concise you oversimplified sharpness. You implied it increases high value pixels and decreases low value pixels equally all over the image. Of course it really only does this in parts of the image where there is a strong gradient. Therefore it accentuates boundaries making the image seem sharper.

• @brenwarren2301
    @brenwarren2301 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks Jay, Although I have camera which doesn’t have Clarity (x-t30) I do have Affinity Photo software for iPad which DOES have Clarity, and I wasn’t even aware of it! Now I know thanks to you, so I’ll be playing with that later :-)

• @Jayshooter_photo
      @Jayshooter_photo  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thanks for the kind words, and have fun playing around with it. And thanks for watching!

• @1962Jivatone
    @1962Jivatone 6 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Very helpful, thank you. Apologies, I did try to buy you a coffee, but unfortunately no Pay pal option... Would it be possible to cover WB settings for, (sunny) landscape photography please?

• @be8059
    @be8059 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

This is very good topic

• @Enrique-the-photographer
    @Enrique-the-photographer 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you for sharing Jay. Stay safe.

• @CodeTravelwithRizwan
    @CodeTravelwithRizwan 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nice. Can you please demonstrate what are the best settings fo classic chrome and also for acros film simulation.

• @Jayshooter_photo

Can you specify a little more, what you want to do. There are no general "best settings" in my opinion, only settings that may suit your need in special situations. Thanks for watching!

• @sepp540
    @sepp540 4 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hallo Jochen!
    Wie immer: great video, fun to watch!
    Ich habe eine Frage zu einem ganz anderen Thema:
    Hattest Du schon mal die Olympus Pen F in der Hand? Ich überlege, eine zu kaufen.... als „EDC Kamera“ sozusagen.... ich mag den Retro Look und das analoge Flair....geht ja auch ein bisschen in die fuji Richtung, deshalb dachte ich, Du könntest da ne Idee zu haben...
    Danke und schönen Rest-Sonntag!
    Seb

• @Jayshooter_photo
      @Jayshooter_photo  4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hey Sepp. Leider nein. Meine Nichte hat auch eine Pen, aber eine E-PL8 und die kenne ich nicht gut genug, um da Tipps zu geben. Haben aber einen guten Ruf. Die Frage ist, ob man nicht noch warten sollte, bis die Preise total im Keller sind, weil Olympus ja keine Kamera mehr bauen wird.

• @sepp540
      @sepp540 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Jayshooter Dank Dir! Grüße aus Dortmund!

• @1206ducgiang
    @1206ducgiang ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great video, but i can't find clarity settings in my fujifilm XT3, did i miss something ?

• @Jayshooter_photo
      @Jayshooter_photo  ปีที่แล้ว +1

Clarity setting was introduced with the X-Pro3. As far as I know this feature never made it to the X-T3. Sorry.

• @KAIHTSAI
    @KAIHTSAI ปีที่แล้ว +1

my clarity grayed out after I set up some film recipes on my fujifilm XT5 and I don’t know how to solve this trouble. Would you please to help me with this issue? thank you!

• @Jayshooter_photo
      @Jayshooter_photo  ปีที่แล้ว +1

The only scenario where Clarity isn't available is in burst mode, or in other words: the continuous shooting feature. "Clarity" needs so much computing power that the images cannot be saved fast enough for this mode.

• @KAIHTSAI
      @KAIHTSAI ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@Jayshooter_photo Thank you so so so much! Just like you said, i finally solved the issue. Many thanks to you!

• @SummersSnaps
    @SummersSnaps 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I'm deciding to leave the clarity alone in camera but instead mimic it in LR. I am now pondering if the Clarity feature in camera is actually more like Texture in LR? Many fuji recipes call for its use but I am not a fan of the blackout 'Storing' as you point out and thus want to add to the Jpgs in post. Figuring out what -5 to +5 values give with a LR equivalent could be tricky... have you attempted this at all?

• @Jayshooter_photo

It’s mainly the same feature…it’s going more and more into the direction of making it inside the cam, that’s all.

• @Ed-lz4jv
    @Ed-lz4jv 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

NOpe, I tried it already on my X100V slows up camera big time,I can just use Clarity in Capture one if i want to..

• @Jayshooter_photo

Agreed. As I said in my video. Thx for watching...

• @eduardofrazao8604
    @eduardofrazao8604 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi! do you know how to enable clarity on fuji xt4? Hug!

• @Jayshooter_photo

Should be in the menu, Image Quality, Page 2.
      fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t4/menu_shooting/image_quality_setting/index.html

• @Sjaubi-qf6wd
    @Sjaubi-qf6wd 3 ปีที่แล้ว

too much talk needs to get straight to the point