3 New Yamaha Tenere 700 Windshields! National Cycle V-stream Shields for XT700 Ténéré T7

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 12 ก.ย. 2024
  • Click here to order: www.rockymount...
    N20337 VStream® Sport Replacement Screen for Yamaha® XT700 Ténéré
    $129.95
    N20338 VStream® Sport/Touring Replacement Screen for Yamaha® XT700 Ténéré
    $149.95
    N20339 VStream® Touring Replacement Screen for Yamaha® XT700 Ténéré
    $159.95
    See National Cycle for the full details of each shield here: www.nationalcyc...
    Thank you so much for watching! If you'd like to help support the channel, please checkout my Patreon: / manybikes
    One time donations are accepted at PayPal.me/BradshawFamily
    If you would like to send a product for me to review, please email me:
    manybikes@gmail.com
    Thank you!
    Kyle
    Follow me @Manybikes
    Manybikes

ความคิดเห็น • 55

• @patw9175
    @patw9175 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I got the Sport and I have to say, I'm mixed on it. Only did a quick test ride on the highway because it's cold as all hell. I did notice less wind on my body but did NOT notice a reduction in wind noise. I guess it's less buffetty which is great, but it doesn't seem any quieter really. Update: yeah, it's definitely better than stock but if you're specifically trying to get rid of wind noise, consider the sport touring/touring or something else.

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Thank you for your feedback. When it comes to noise, I had a similar thought UNTIL I put the stock screen back on and it was WAY more noisy than the Sport! Give it a shot and I think you will be surprised.

• @patw9175
      @patw9175 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@manybikes Alright I'll try that. It's super easy to swap them out :D Will report back when I get the chance!

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@patw9175 I was blown away!

• @patw9175
      @patw9175 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Now that the ice is gone I can report that I'm happier with my V-Stream sport now than initially. Glad I've got it.

• @davidmaynard1422
    @davidmaynard1422 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Excellent video Kyle! Next day I rode into intense winds, and wished T-700 had a bigger windshield. The wind noise/buffeting was so fatiguing. Another T-7 in group had a larger windshield (like medium size), and was much happier. Agree with your choice on windshield size, short size for local riding, and medium size for longer rides.

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Sounds great! I need to ride other than to commute... JEALOUS!

• @portapawl5396
    @portapawl5396 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

One of the best windshield reviews I've seen. Thank you. I'm 5 ' 8" (so... close to your height). If you did a mix of touring and commuting and could only pick one what would you choose? I am not a hug fan of looking through the shield, but just over top has been idea for me.

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Glad you enjoyed it! I actually have a full featured version of the video I am working on ... with mounting, side profiles... multiple cam views... but it is taking a while. For your type of riding I would choose the Medium shield even though I prefer the look of the shorter one. The medium shield was much more quiet and would be much more comfortable for long days on the highway. The short would work and is a HUGE difference over stock, but all day in the saddle you would appreciate the protection of the medium shield. The tall... was just TOO Tall for me!

• @ChrisAkAxTr3Me
    @ChrisAkAxTr3Me 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thank you for the comparison video! I think those windshields are quite interesting. I think I want to try the middle sized one. So as far as I unterstand the sides of the helmet where not hit by any wind? Because this is the area where I have problems with turbulent wind hitting my helmet - which causes very loud buffeting.

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Glad it was helpful! Yes, the clean air pocket changed quite a bit depending on the shield size and all were WAY better than the stock shield which kept the wind off my chest but was really loud!

• @paulherron4289
    @paulherron4289 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Well done Kyle I have a Vstream on my AT and it was a great addition and has proven to be very durable. I use a product called Novus 1 plastic polish really helps keep the screen looking new. And with the taller screens staying clear is huge. What size did he choose. Thanks again for your hard work.

• @manybikes

Thanks for the feedback and the tip! David did not take it yet... I think he will go with the middle screen when he does come to pick it up though. Thanks for watching!

• @tango165
    @tango165 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

National Cycle makes some great stuff!

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว

For sure!

• @ikutiap5923
      @ikutiap5923 3 ปีที่แล้ว

My chopper has their windshield and it is awesome. Plastics age though. The clamps and knobs easily crack then

• @josephfelice601
    @josephfelice601 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I see your in AZ, do you know of a Tenere Riders Group? Cheers

• @manybikes

I know two T7 riders here in AZ thus far. Have not ventured out to group meet-ups though.

• @dualsportdiary1150
    @dualsportdiary1150 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Excellent review. Watched every second. Was disappointed you skipped the shotgun and baseball bat test thou 😁

• @manybikes

I am working that into the longer multi-cam presentation for the shop. That one will be really detailed with vantage points from three cameras. Stay tuned!

• @dualsportdiary1150
      @dualsportdiary1150 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@manybikes excellent! I was actually going to ask if that camera in front of the bike was accidentally turned off? I noticed the camera sitting there on the stand but there was no footage from it. I was thinking technical difficulties lol.

• @manybikes

@@dualsportdiary1150 Nope... its the difference in Upload NOW do people can at least "get a taste" of the shields ... or wait another week or two. I opted for the first ;)

• @dualsportdiary1150
      @dualsportdiary1150 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@manybikes sounds great. I don't even have this Tenere and I was actually waiting for this review. Something about seeing all three options back to back at once sounded cool and had my attention.
      BTW: I just learned today that you have your own mountain range in AZ. "Bradshaw Mountains". How cool! Lol

• @manybikes

Yes, the Bradshaw Mtn's are just out the window here!

• @ikutiap5923
    @ikutiap5923 3 ปีที่แล้ว +3

YAMAHA really should have the buyer opt for The proper windshield. They cheapo-ed this beautiful bike out too much. Accessories are mad expensive.
    Easily $4500 extra expense for extras. Half price of the actual t7. Shame on them bc t7 is built for adventure but they dont provide bars, not even a lower guard, a plate etc. Handguards are flimsy trash btw. Still the t700 is awesome.
    Prepare for your wallet opening extra-wide when you need accessories such as brackets, boxes, guards, covers, etc.

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Yeah, the handguards are a mess for sure... and I ordered mine with the protection. Added about $1500 to the price tag but aftermarket stuff was not out then... It worked. I really do like this bike and do agree that Yamaha should have come out with some options at the time the bike was released.

• @jasonspollen8998
    @jasonspollen8998 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I was hoping you were going to tell the comparison between standard screen and shortest V Stream. Was there much differ in clean air inside the cockpit area and how much wider did the air kick out in comparison too? 😉

• @manybikes

That comparison was surely included. Ill have to dig up the time stamps for you.

• @jasonspollen8998
      @jasonspollen8998 3 ปีที่แล้ว

@@manybikes Thanks

• @manybikes

The stock description is from 1:01 to about 2:01 and the short v-stream description is from 13:40 to about 14:30. Hope this helps. Again... the full production will be much more robust. This was just an effort to get the info out quickly for National Cycle.

• @richardwalker8647
    @richardwalker8647 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Any feedback between these screens versus the sliders that can be added to allow stock screen to be raised and lowered?

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  2 ปีที่แล้ว

I'd like both actually. Medium screen on a slider.

• @ChristianLance.
    @ChristianLance. 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Awesome man, came from Brian Ford!

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Awesome! Thank you! Brian is a good dude! Welcome.

• @timaudet6392
    @timaudet6392 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

wind noise between the oem windshied and the shorter one ? Same thing or better with the national cycle ?

• @manybikes

So... I "thought" the NC was "marginally" better than the OEM until we swapped back to the stock as David was not sure which shield he wanted. Took it for another rip down the freeway and was BLOWN AWAY at how much more wind was hitting me! The Initial run with the OEM... we were just used to it I guess... just accepted "it is what it is..." But after having run all three NC shields and THEN going back to stock it was totally apparent and the ride on the freeway was miserable as we knew what it could be like... David rode back the next week and picked up the "middle screen" as it worked best for him.

• @everythingtenere
    @everythingtenere 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Awesome review, but boy do those windshields make the T7 in to a turd look wise 🙄

• @manybikes

Yeah, kinda thought the same.

• @mattwilhelm1749
    @mattwilhelm1749 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I'm 6'2" with the rally seat from yamaha. Would you suggest the tallest screen?

• @manybikes

You might be a good candidate for the tall screen. It was too tall for my preference at 5' 9" on the stock seat.

• @yaebesh
    @yaebesh 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hi man, nice channel, can you help me whith my duke 250?
    can you tell me please what size of tyre AX41 you chose for front and rear wheel?
    with best regards:)

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว

Yes, I can help you with this. The AX41 is not made in a size correct for your bike and teh one I choose to run was too big and too heavy. It negatively impacted handling. I would recommend the TKC80 in size 120/70B17 for the front and the rear I recommend the Bridgestone AX41 in size 150/70B-17. That is the best set-up!

• @yaebesh
      @yaebesh 3 ปีที่แล้ว

You saved me:)

• @yaebesh
      @yaebesh 3 ปีที่แล้ว

But very interesting, what size you installed at the 390 scrambler:)?

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว

I did have the rear AX41 in size 130/80B-17 installed on the front in a reverse direction. Not recommended. Go with the TKC80 in the correct size!

• @marshall3498
    @marshall3498 3 ปีที่แล้ว

So you would go for the medium size if it was your personal bike?

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Actually, I think I would ride the short one most of the time just around town and the Medium if road touring for several days or longer.

• @gabrielkopp2036
    @gabrielkopp2036 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Will these be available for purchase? And will they work with the adjustable mounts?

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Yes and yes. National Cycle has all three for sale and they work with adjustable mounts. www.nationalcycle.com/n20338.html

• @gabrielkopp2036
      @gabrielkopp2036 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

@@manybikes thank you..I am 6ft2 and thinking of the middle with the adjustable mounts

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  2 ปีที่แล้ว

Sounds like a plan!

• @williampeiper292
    @williampeiper292 3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Wich mirrors are those?

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  3 ปีที่แล้ว

DoubleTake mirrors

• @yvonjasser
    @yvonjasser 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Factory screen is useless

• @manybikes
      @manybikes  2 ปีที่แล้ว

I thought it was decent when I did my first reviews. THEN... AFTER running these screens and going back I can FELL how crappy the stock screen is! It is horrible.