A Way Out Of Consumerism For Photographers - Leica SL2 & Fuji X-T5

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 30 มิ.ย. 2024
  • We, Samuel & Eva (seciao), finally talk about our two companions! The Leica SL2 and the Fuji X-T5. Which of the cameras do we like best? Is there an easy answer to that or does this video lead us into a maze of different viewpoints?
    It would be easy to compare just the price or technical details but we are not going to review in this way.
    Samuel and Eva describe a brief philosophical approach about how to compare those two cameras.
    Find us on social media:
    / studioseciao
    Samuel:
    / samuelkuro
    Eva:
    / som3on3shiny
    ---------
    00:00 intro
    00:46 a to b
    2:22 what's more important than the camera body
    3:25 photo analysis
    7:53 work on yourself
    9:50 reasonable reasons to buy new gear
    12:43 closing
    13:12 outtakes
    ---------
    Thank you for watching!

ความคิดเห็น • 20

• @brochg
    @brochg 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Bravo! Thank you both for being voices of reason in the crazy world of consumerism. I shoot with a 7 year old dslr, and a 20 year old lens that is just beautiful. I apprevciate what you are doing here. Keep up the great work!

• @studioseciao
      @studioseciao  4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Great to hear about your choices. DSLRs and older lenses are massively underrated these days! My (Eva) grandpa has a good old Canon 7D with an older manual Canon glass. I shot with it once and it was truly magical :-)
      Thanks for your feedback!

• @clipdump
    @clipdump 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +5

I would love to know the editing process of that picture of the fishes. I am editing a bulk load of my images from the last year, I'm having a lot of fun and learing knew techniques so it would be awesome to know!

• @studioseciao
      @studioseciao  4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Thank you for sharing and letting us know! An editing video is in our pipeline :-)

• @angellondian7628
    @angellondian7628 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

‘Work on your own lenses’. Love that

• @studioseciao

Thank you! :)

• @angellondian7628
    @angellondian7628 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

I really want an sl2 as my boudoir camera because I think how it renders colors will give my photos a uniqueness. Do you think it can handle the low light of that scenario?

• @studioseciao
      @studioseciao  3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

The SL2 handles low light very nicely. Anything up to ISO 6400 is no problem. Consider choosing the right lens for your use case. A fast lens, meaning a fstop like f/1.4 or f/1.8 will definitely help even more.
      Regarding the colors of Leica... if you prefer to edit very little and want a great out of camera result something like the SL2 is a nice choice.

• @angellondian7628
      @angellondian7628 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@studioseciaogreat! Thank you for your opinion. For close portraits do you think the eye tracking can work well

• @Smoov41
    @Smoov41 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

more content please. 2024 is yours

• @studioseciao

Thank you! At the moment one video a week is our sweet spot. But let's see what we will do in the future :-)

• @Francois15031967
    @Francois15031967 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

A way out of coinsumerism for photographers: 200€ no nonsense used DSLR.

• @studioseciao

It's so calming to know how simple life can be 💯

• @cowslaw
    @cowslaw 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

please get a microphone stand

• @studioseciao
      @studioseciao  4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Sure needs to happen 🥹

• @kistovisback
    @kistovisback 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

you got a leica and an xt5 and you're here preaching hippie gobbly goo?

• @studioseciao
      @studioseciao  3 หลายเดือนก่อน

That's what we got, that's what we actually use. We could do it with any other tool as well. We had the opportunity to invest into such gear and are glad about it. We also worked many years to come to this point. We wouldn't use it if it only was pricy nonsense.

• @kistovisback
      @kistovisback 3 หลายเดือนก่อน

​@@studioseciaoYou can have 15 Leicas for all I care, good for you. The point is hypocrisy. Your expensive tools are "wise investments", other's people's gear is "consumerism", I see

• @LeneMulan-jt2dc
    @LeneMulan-jt2dc 4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Total ey dishonest you not a true full photographer let real lieca is going to be always on to do to the quality glass the lence matters the most camera secondary all cameras are good enough but the lieca glass takes any camera to the top you jus looking for subscribers n liked on you tube videos.