My Initial Thoughts on the Contax T2

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 15 มิ.ย. 2024
  • I have had the Contax T2 for a couple of months and it has really blown me away with the quality of photographs that it produces. I hope after sharing my initial thoughts on the Contax T2 with some sample photos you will have a better understanding of what this legendary point and shoot camera is capable of.
    Connect with me
    IG: / thomasbocage

ความคิดเห็น • 19

• @zaufot1
    @zaufot1 2 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Impressive how sharp these images are!

• @lordbountifulitsme7919
    @lordbountifulitsme7919 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Nice work ❤

• @ThomasBocage
      @ThomasBocage  23 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Thank you! Cheers!

• @jayanxious
    @jayanxious 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Another excellent video

• @r2r0TV
    @r2r0TV 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

🔥🔥 loved the intro my guy

• @ThomasBocage
      @ThomasBocage  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you brother! Means a lot

• @matthall3990
    @matthall3990 3 ปีที่แล้ว +4

pleasantly surprised by the intro :,)

• @ThomasBocage
      @ThomasBocage  3 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Played in beautifully dude

• @phila3884
    @phila3884 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I have one. My notes say Auto mode will select F/2.8 up to max shutter speed of 1/250, then it will stop down the aperture. So slow film, lower light conditions for 2.8. But I heard of a hack-if you place the aperture ring between the 2.8 and 4 detentes, it's supposed to lock 2.8, but haven't proven this to be true.

• @BStephensonn
    @BStephensonn ปีที่แล้ว +2

Curious to know what your favorite film stock is to use when shooting on the con tax t2? :)

• @ThomasBocage
      @ThomasBocage  ปีที่แล้ว +1

Definitely Portra 800 because it gives you much more light sensitivity. You can shoot in a variety of different lighting situations with it and get proper exposure!

• @hellatightdude
    @hellatightdude ปีที่แล้ว +2

If you like this lens and want manual control, why not just buy a Contax T? Same exact lens, but a proper mechanical rangefinder that lets you make the choices. If you want to shoot at f/2.8 and 1/500th shutter speed, go for it, because the camera won’t stop you.
    But I guess if you really want a P&S, this is fine too.

• @Lisakayeblood
    @Lisakayeblood 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

This was really helpful. Good to know about the flash and the sharpness of the lens. Also helpful was how you shoot at 2.8 and let the camera do the rest. I was wondering if you had used it a night at all and how it went?

• @ThomasBocage
      @ThomasBocage  2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Thank you for the kind words! I have not used it at night doing a long exposure because of the fact you have to keep your finger on the shutter button the whole time. This will introduce a lot of camera shake, unless you have a really good tripod. But the flash at night has been fantastic

• @bille7585
    @bille7585 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Hi, great video. Question though... I just bought me a T2 and got my first room back. On ALL 7 photos that I used FLASH mode, the subject (person) in front was "blown out" and blurry while the background was in focus [lol]. Why would this happen?? Does it have to do with my settings on other dials when I'm in FLASH mode such as "Overexposure Compensation"? Or has to do with the "AF" or 'Infinity' mode when using Flash??

• @ThomasBocage
      @ThomasBocage  2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thank you for watching! That is pretty strange honestly. It could be a couple of things. The focusing system on your camera could be messed up which i hope it isnt lol. If you were too close to your subjects as well that could cause the issue. If you also pushed the focus to infinity on your camera on accident that could also be the issue as well. Just give it another go and see what happens!

• @randallstewart175
      @randallstewart175 2 ปีที่แล้ว +2

The explanation of your "problem" is not "strange" as suggested by the video maker, who demonstrates a lot of misinformation about the T2 in the video as well. The flash output is variable, as are nearly all cameras of the point-n-shoot type. The effective illumination (output) of flash is dependent on distance between the flash and the subject. The distance to subject is measured by the auto-focus system and flash output set to match that distance. Since you focused on the background, the flash was set to properly light the background. Since the subject to was well forward of the background, it was over-exposed by the flash. So, your problem is "user error". As to the T2 flash itself, contra the video, it is one of the weakest flash units put in a camera of this type at any price; it was one of the major objections to the camera when it was introduced, as it is effective out to about 12-14 feet, and is inadequate at longer distances.