Lenovo Thinkpad T430

แชร์
ฝัง

ความคิดเห็น • 182

• @gpruitt54
    @gpruitt54 8 ปีที่แล้ว +42

Thanks for doing this video. I've never owned a think pad, but I have used them in the office. I recently bought a used t430 on Ebay for only $172.00. I was a bit reluctant, but for the price I took the change. I could not be happier with the laptop. The i5 is amazingly fast for what I do (Photoshop, web and TH-cam, website management, and ebay store management). The laptop came with Windows 8 (hate it), 8gig of ram and a 500gig HDD. I replaced the HDD with a Crucial 275gig SSD and installed WIndows 10 (love it). The laptop is blazing and boots up almost instantly. These laptops are still in their prime.

• @EpicStrategyGamer
      @EpicStrategyGamer 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

hell even a t410 is good still

• @huroners
      @huroners 7 ปีที่แล้ว +2

hell yeah mate, my T410 and T520 even still rocks for 2017 usage..
      well, i didnt want to buy T*3* series because of yah you know, the keyboard is as not as comfy like the old one..

• @psef87
      @psef87 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I am using t400 with linux almost 3 years. 6gigs RAM, 128 SSD It rocks too :)

• @SharuSRG
      @SharuSRG 6 ปีที่แล้ว

you can change the dvd caddy for an extra hard drive for more storage

• @arwenmiss5117
    @arwenmiss5117 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

My aunt bought me a T430 and I got it the other day. Very happy that it's working as awesome as it should be.

• @hoppysport2872
    @hoppysport2872 3 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Excellent video. I have the T430s, bought in 2012. It's the i5 with 8 gb of RAM and 256 gig SSD. For my workload, the i7 didn't really add much benefit. The great thing about Thinkpads is how easy they are to work on. I just changed the keyboard in 5 minutes. I recently purchased a perfect T430s for $200 with 8 gb and a 512 SSD. One I'll use for home, one for the road.

• @douglasfl7712
      @douglasfl7712 2 ปีที่แล้ว

Bro una pregunta cuanto te dura la batería de la laptop es que yo compre una y solo me dura 1:30 =/

• @Denizsyy10
      @Denizsyy10 2 ปีที่แล้ว

@@douglasfl7712 10 minutes :d

• @EpicStrategyGamer
    @EpicStrategyGamer 8 ปีที่แล้ว +8

I got 2 t430's and a t420 for $188 on ebay, looking forward to getting them and setting them up. Going to suprise my grandparents with them.

• @chutdiggadigga
      @chutdiggadigga 8 ปีที่แล้ว +4

$188 total? That's a steal

• @EpicStrategyGamer
      @EpicStrategyGamer 8 ปีที่แล้ว +1

+chutdiggadigga yup, it was I gave the t420's to my grandparents because they are good machines and they only check emails and order stuff online so it's not like they need a $800 pc. my grandfather does have a t440 tho.

• @EpicStrategyGamer
      @EpicStrategyGamer 8 ปีที่แล้ว

woops meant 420

• @EpicStrategyGamer

my phone derped lol

• @tubeMonger
    @tubeMonger 6 ปีที่แล้ว +3

The T430 keyboard is a very decent keyboard no matter what the Thinkpad purists say. I have used Thinkpads since the 90s (310, T60, W520, T430) and writing with T430 as well as with T60 and W520 is a very pleasant experience.

• @BigDrewski1000
    @BigDrewski1000 ปีที่แล้ว

At $80 used in 2022, with so many components being reasonably easily and affordable upgradeable, these laptops are still a great value.

•  8 ปีที่แล้ว +6

i Love the think pad line , best PCs ever !

• @PearComputingDevices
    @PearComputingDevices 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I just bought a t430. It's an i5 3380m and Nvidia graphics. I have 8 gigs to boot. I installed Mint Linux, works like a charm. With the big battery it last for hours. I am a Dell guy, but I can say with the t series I am impressed. Even my e6530 does not have this kind of power.

• @wildbill23c
    @wildbill23c 8 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Non-Return Hard Drive machine means if you have to send the computer in for repair you can pull your hard drive out and keep it and send the machine back for repair without sending the hard drive.
    Also the slim port you mentioned on the front of the machine is a smart card reader slot.

• @strangerdanger3233
    @strangerdanger3233 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

You're awesome, brother. Thank you for the review

• @robertcrawford4009
    @robertcrawford4009 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Great video. I just purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 from Ebay. I will get the laptop, hard drive caddy and battery when they are delivered. I'm going to install Xubuntu 16.04 on a Sandisk SSD that already own.

• @intoam
      @intoam 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Robert Crawford nice, I love linux 🐧 I use it everyday

• @MatthewGallagher93
    @MatthewGallagher93 9 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I've got a T440 and I think it's a great upgrade from my T400. That being said, the integrated trackpoint buttons are useless, but the large touchpad is a nice tradeoff. Not that it even matters much since they've gone back to physical buttons with the T450.

• @MatthewGallagher93
      @MatthewGallagher93 8 ปีที่แล้ว

+Matthew Gallagher I also rather like the keyboard better on the newer thinkpads

• @ytguy2010
    @ytguy2010 9 ปีที่แล้ว +6

"Non-return hard drive" means if the hard drive fails, you can get a new replacement hard drive from Lenovo and keep the old faulty hard drive (normally you would have to return the old hard drive). This is assuming you are still in warranty. This is useful for government dept's or banks that have sensitive info on the old faulty hard drive and cannot give up possession of the old hard drive.

• @sunnymas2656
    @sunnymas2656 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I got my T430 yesterday. In very good condition for $ 100,- only. (December 2018)
    With WIN 10 installed, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD.
    With 12 month warranty from my dealer.
    I want a Lenovo Thinkpad - nothing else.
    And this offer was so good and cheap.
    I advance the RAM to 8 GB ($ 30) - Later I swap to a SSD ($ 40) and put the HDD as second drive.
    So I can swap between HDD and DVD-Drive.

• @sunnymas2656
      @sunnymas2656 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@kcparcen3413 It is in germany via Ebay.
      Do you want it ?

• @ericland9865
      @ericland9865 5 ปีที่แล้ว

I got a t450 for 200 last month in January

• @sunnymas2656

@@ericland9865 It looks also for a good deal.
      Because it is the 450 Modell.
      I hope, it has 8 GB RAM Minimum.

• @ericland9865
      @ericland9865 5 ปีที่แล้ว

@@sunnymas2656 the t450 has 8gb of ram and a 128gb ssd from the factory

• @sunnymas2656

@@ericland9865 Oh, very good deal.
      I would buy it too.
      For this price, you can get a T440 here in germany. Not bad, but bad touch panel.
      But you can swap it, with a kit, to the touch panel of the T430 or T450.

• @crazymd15
    @crazymd15 8 ปีที่แล้ว +3

If you had a choice, would you rather have the 420 or the Hp 8460p. both are business class machines. I need to chose 1 just having hard time, they are so close in specs and power. thank you for your comments!!

• @griffin8062
      @griffin8062 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

HP is garbage so i would get the thinkpad

• @gregpruitt1647
    @gregpruitt1647 8 ปีที่แล้ว +6

Excellent video. How is the internet speed of the laptop? I am considering buying a used or refurbed one.

• @gmcenroe
    @gmcenroe 3 ปีที่แล้ว

For me even in 2020 this is a good machine. I run dual boot Windows 10 and Linus mint with no problems. It spends most of its time in a docking station and only thing that I replaced was the battery when it wore out. I like that it has the optical drive because I can replace it with another SSD drive very easily. I just bought an external USB/Blue tooth Lenovo Trackpoint II keyboard even though it says it does not work with Linux, others have said that it will, maybe a few features not working on the external keyboard. I will add another SSD and maybe increase memory next.

• @drsonkia1953
    @drsonkia1953 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Can I say I'm using this t430 for music production it is a fantastic little beast your T420 has FireWire man I have got to find me one of those danm I never knew thanks man.

• @tristanmason06
      @tristanmason06 4 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm thinking of buying one for school, should I? Thanks

• @fatihkan2601
    @fatihkan2601 7 ปีที่แล้ว

only laptop that can make it feel strong.

• @mikekilian5403
    @mikekilian5403 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Thanks for the video. I am thinking about buying one since I get fed up with Dell and the others. Also,, when I was working, the Thinkpad was all I had and they always seemed to perform well. I will have to get up to speed on Linux,, but I an not a computer professional, only a user that can get a few things done. Thanks again. I think I am going to pull the trigger on eBay.

• @semco72057
    @semco72057 5 ปีที่แล้ว

That machine is looking nice and must be great to work with. I just purchased a used Lenovo T400 laptop and is planning on putting ArcaOS 5.3 on it. So far I am not impressed with it and hope to get it working the way it should and then see if I can put the new OS on it. The computer came with Windows 10 on it and I have some work to do and see if I can solve the problem before sending it back to the company to be repaired since it has a 90 day warranty on it. I also purchased an extra battery which I am still waiting to receive.

• @SlemyJemy
    @SlemyJemy 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I recently bought a Thinkpad T430 like yours from a business that had to change their computers. It was a bit pricey (300 euros) but I swear it works just as new. I may have to change the battery one day since it doesn't last much. I don't understand why it has the new Windows logo on the keyboard even though it originally ran Windows 7

• @zibbezabba2491
    @zibbezabba2491 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Mine is arriving tomorrow. I got a refurbished i5 with 16gb/500ssd. Will be ordering a 1040p screen for it. Then I'm going to turn it into a hackintosh running logic pro X (if all goes to plan)

• @eddieoconnor4466
    @eddieoconnor4466 7 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Have loved the ThinkPad series since the T400! I currently have FOUR T420's and one T430.....and for the life of me I can't think of any other brand that makes such hardy, robust, extendable and customizable machines! Of the four T420's two of them have i7's...and they are FAST....along with the 16GB of RAM? they fly no matter WHAT I do on them! The other two rock i5's and they also have 16GB of RAM, and they're also fast! As long as they continue making ThinkPads?...I will purchase them and use them until they die! I know....there are Dell XPS's....and MacBooks that look nicer, and have shinier, and more current builds, but its the indestructible resilience of these laptops that make them my go to devices for anything! And it's not just the laptops either...I also have the ThinkCenter desktops...(M-83 & M93's!) and these too are just as reliable and powerhouse workhorses as the laptops are! You have to wonder why businesses would use anything else. (I have worked for companies that exclusively used Dell's and HP's and those desktops and laptops?...just don't live up to their promises about being machines that can outlast almost anything!) whereas the ThinkCenters I have?....have lived through: water damage, AND a fire, and they STILL WORK JUST FINE! (although they have that "campfire" smell to 'em!...LoL!) here's hoping Lenovo never goes the route of Gateway or eMachines!...(both now Out-Of-Business)

• @eddieoconnor4466
      @eddieoconnor4466 7 ปีที่แล้ว

And just to mention? I run Linux on ALL my machines. There's no Windows on any of 'em!....Just don't take too kindly to the "spying" nature of Microsoft or Cortana!)

• @Mr1p0d
    @Mr1p0d 9 ปีที่แล้ว

I watched this on a Thinkpad Edge E440, well, has the same keyboard without the backlight but has the clickpad instead of a touchpad which is as you said a copy from Apple
    One disadvantage of the clickpad (found on the Edge and T series starting with the 440) is that the Trackpoint buttons are merged together into the clickpad itself making it awkward and tricky to use since there is no separation between the buttons on the Trackpad and the Clickpad, so if you are getting one, at least try to disable the clickpad, otherwise it would be a really bad situation
    And on the T440 for example you will need to press Fn + Esc to lock the Fn key so you can use the F1 to F12 keys because Lenovo decided to integrate the direct access keys on the function keys just like Apple does .-.
    And also another difference between the keyboards on the old and new Thinkpads was the replacement key of the contextual menu to the almost useless Print Screen key
    And actually I prefer more the standard keyboard layout against the chiclet one but as you see, many laptops are including them
    (I actually saw that on the Lenovo's blog that the new keyboard became a negative center point for all the aging Thinkpad users, like for example the ones that were using a Thinkpad for a long time, so regarding people's anger about the keyboard and other things I actually refer to the newer Thinkpads starting on the 440 series as "Thinkbooks" :3, and for the link just Google for "Change is hard, why you should give in to the new Thinkpad keyboard" and click on the Lenovo's blog one since YT doesn't let me to put the link directly on this comment u.u )
    Written by a 10 month old "Thinkbook" user xD (I did have a Thinkpad before, a 600E from 1998/99 but wasn't mine, belonged to a friend but I liked the feel of the traditional keyboard of these but was in 2011, I wish I kept it uwu but well the CMOS battery was dead and it was a pain to get it running u.u )

• @jbr84tx
    @jbr84tx 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

I wonder why the didn't put an HDMI output on this.

• @JackStavris
    @JackStavris 9 ปีที่แล้ว +2

The only gripe I have with the new keyboards is the function key layout at the top. On the old keyboards, they were the same layout as a standard desktop keyboard, however the new keyboard isn't like that. It's not a deal breaker by any means, however it is something to keep in mind. Other than that the new keyboards are fantastic, they feel just as good to type on and the backlighting is also very nice.
    As for the T440, I really hated how they got rid of the dedicated TrackPoint buttons and integrated them into the touchpad, it was completely retarded! Luckily Lenovo redeemed themselves with the T450 which restored the dedicated TrackPoint buttons. The rest of the touchpad is still a one-button design, but that's not a huge deal since real ThinkPad users use the TrackPoint anyway.
    I still love my T420, it's a fantastic workhorse and I plan to continue to use it for the next few years to come, however Ivy-Bridge is nice for people who don't have a dedicated GPU. Also Ivy Bridge supports 1600 MHz RAM, Sandy is limited to 1333 MHz so if I were buying a ThinkPad today I'd go for a T430 over a T420, unless you find a T420 for a really amazing deal.

• @EpicStrategyGamer

+Jack Stavris 1333 mhz ram is not reall a bad thing its plenty fast

• @jamalzai7838
      @jamalzai7838 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Jack Stavris

• @danialholt4174
    @danialholt4174 6 ปีที่แล้ว +10

Take away everything you don't remember, don't know, not sure of, etc...., There's really not much real video here.

• @ikickss
      @ikickss 5 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Thank you. I saved 20 minutes.

• @ChrisD__
    @ChrisD__ 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Dropped the ball? I absolutely love the way T440 looks, I'm very split on whether or not I should save for twice as long and get the T440S or just get a T430. The T440S's screen is a massive pro, and the look of the T430 is a massive con for me. XD

• @TheJavw
    @TheJavw 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

the difference is that they are a lot cheaper than thee new ones because of the design, now that the new disign of the t470 or t460 are out the t450 and t440 are already looking old compared to the new ones

• @xaer0knight
    @xaer0knight 9 ปีที่แล้ว

Keyboards can be a pain but Window Managers like XFCE have a nice Keyboard settings tool. They have model selection but in XFCE you can configure pretty much any key combination (or single keys like Pause or Scroll Lock) to do something. I personally use PAUSE for "eject -T sr0" or "eject -T dvd" It opens/closes most Optical drives and CTRL+DOWN for MUTE ("amixer -q -D pulse sset Master toggle") I use an old P2/2 ACER Mechanical Keyboard.. no bells and whistles not even a Windows key ;)

• @matthewgetgen7600
    @matthewgetgen7600 6 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Ill be going to college from 2019-23, and i want this to be my college laptop, do you think it would be a good idea, or still relevant?

• @TheGrayWolf81
      @TheGrayWolf81 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Absolutely.

• @Fiskie666
      @Fiskie666 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Here is the thing .. everything on this laptop is just perfect. But the screen and the weight are two major down-points. You could be using a docking station and have beautiful colors on an IPS screen at home .. but .. I am not sure about a screen that is so pale.

• @IrhamullahYunta
    @IrhamullahYunta 4 ปีที่แล้ว +1

how to enable bluetooth ?

• @elektron2kim666
    @elektron2kim666 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I like both keyboards. Lenovo should have kept the older type on some for a bit longer, though. Way too popular to drop.

• @MikkoKaraiste
    @MikkoKaraiste 6 ปีที่แล้ว

It's 2018 and I have W520 as my daily driver at home and bought T430 to get a lighter computer with better battery life.

• @PiddeBas
    @PiddeBas 9 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Why can't Lenovo just have the same design but update the hardware? :( I absolutely love the old IBM style, along with the keyboard. Best laptop keyboard ever! I absolutely hate the new keyboards.
    Lenovos Thinkpads where the last good laptops. I have a hard time finding a replacement for my L420.

• @paianis
      @paianis 9 ปีที่แล้ว

+Pidde Bas Get a T450/L450. It's the closest you're gonna get.

• @PiddeBas
      @PiddeBas 9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Paianni Thanks for the tip!

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c 8 ปีที่แล้ว +4

Because today's generation has to have sparkly stuff, just a plain ole computer case just doesn't cut it for them. Personally I like the simple plain look of the old T-Series machines.

• @PiddeBas
      @PiddeBas 8 ปีที่แล้ว

I guess so.

• @dgm778
    @dgm778 5 ปีที่แล้ว +8

the thinkpad remembers me a nokia, design for durability..
    too strong

• @blairlohnes8103
    @blairlohnes8103 8 ปีที่แล้ว

I noticed you have a mixer wallpaper. You produce any music I could check out? I'm looking at picking up a T430 for my DJ setup, looks like a sturdy little laptop.

• @ytguy2010
    @ytguy2010 9 ปีที่แล้ว

I personally hate the placement of the USB 3.0 ports on the T430. It's recessed and if you have a "fat" USB flash drive it may not fit in there.

• @Pablus96
    @Pablus96 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I have the opportunity of buying one of these. Should I buy it even though I only want it because I love older laptops and not because I need it? The price tag is 199 euros for an i5 model with 8GB of memory

• @videoplan5023
    @videoplan5023 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Got the T400 $30 bucks in a sale I thought it was a Old computer and nobody want it me either but I say why not have a extra old computer in my house I came home I checked it out it was a $2500 computer I was wowwww 👍😅 8 g ram I guess 500 gb storage now I'm love it better than my regular use computer plus if I sell I could sell for a couple more bucks to make a profit ❤️

• @DuSlothster
    @DuSlothster 8 ปีที่แล้ว

Have you ever used the Thinkpad T420s?
    I'm thinking of buying one in the next couple of months and sticking in an SSD. I prefer the S model due to the 1600x900 screen.

• @H-FJTV
    @H-FJTV 8 ปีที่แล้ว +2

I'm thinking from either a T430 or W530.

• @TheGrayWolf81
      @TheGrayWolf81 6 ปีที่แล้ว

@@rann01 look who I found

• @isinsession
    @isinsession 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

He keeps mentioning Lennox??

• @DaniRadioCat
    @DaniRadioCat 9 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Should I go with a T510, W510 or a T520? (I'm a bit wary of my T61 dying due to the nVidia desoldering problem and I don't want to risk destroying the motherboard by trying to fix it)

• @windowsuser321
      @windowsuser321 9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

+danikayser84 Is it from 8/08 or later? If so, you're fine. Also, chances are, with the nVidia graphics it's already happened and the motherboard was replaced under warranty, so don't just go by the sticker on the bottom, disassemble it and take a look at the manufacturing dates on the motherboard.

• @sergioramio
    @sergioramio 6 ปีที่แล้ว

ur vids are the best bro

• @youraveragerider1042
    @youraveragerider1042 7 ปีที่แล้ว

i just wish they would of kept the t420 design it has been my favorite since the t30 i honestly dont like the direction they went after the t430 it just looks too mainstream and not a government boring style it used to have...

• @hrhbear
    @hrhbear 6 ปีที่แล้ว

For being a latest model, why does it look so old and boxy like old laptops Ive seen in thrift stores? Too bad they didn't make it in colors and with Bluetooth etc

• @jamescarson4507
    @jamescarson4507 3 ปีที่แล้ว

I love my t430

• @grzegorz77madej
    @grzegorz77madej 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

thanks that was it !

• @andrewdupuis1151
    @andrewdupuis1151 3 ปีที่แล้ว

cool i bought t410 few days ago ask them upgrade ram 4 gb to 8 gb and i add 250 ssd

• @rontylermendiola6841
    @rontylermendiola6841 4 ปีที่แล้ว

i need help it said unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network car (FFFF/FFFF)
    how tf do i tuurn it off

• @sarmadkhan428
    @sarmadkhan428 7 ปีที่แล้ว

"it's really KEY"

• @Vynncent
    @Vynncent 9 ปีที่แล้ว

Perhaps you haven't changed the keyboard model. In KDE it's under Hardware->Input Devices->Keyboard. At one point in time, I knew where it was in MATE, but I haven't used MATE in a month, or at least the vanilla one (what you get with Fedora MATE spin) as opposed to the Linux Mint one.

• @Vynncent
      @Vynncent 9 ปีที่แล้ว

Sorry if I don't make sense, I'm a little sleep deprived.

• @Laserdreamz
    @Laserdreamz 9 ปีที่แล้ว

I have a t430s and the i/o layout is very different, including support for mSATA. Regardless I've also owned t420 as well and they are excellent systems.

• @lmull3
      @lmull3  9 ปีที่แล้ว

+Baseley09 The T420 supports mSATA as well.

• @Laserdreamz
      @Laserdreamz 9 ปีที่แล้ว

+lmull3 oh really, I never noticed. good to know :)

• @nerdMike
    @nerdMike 7 ปีที่แล้ว

With i5 3320m, 8GB and 128GB ssd, Grade A first choice under 290€ is it good? :) 12 month warrany and Windows 10 Pro original.

• @tempest597
    @tempest597 5 ปีที่แล้ว

We use these laptops at works and the letters are so tiny it's annoying. You have to attach another monitor to be able to see.

• @sohotcall
      @sohotcall 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Try lower resolution or set font bigger.
      Well, it is not IPS LCD.

• @kirstiehenderson4193
    @kirstiehenderson4193 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

what about camera installation on the t430

• @captianjessie1
    @captianjessie1 7 ปีที่แล้ว

if i were to rebuild a t430 or a t60 or t61 class i would go with a t420 respected up to a newer think pad cpu and gpu

• @sebastiangraham7252
    @sebastiangraham7252 7 ปีที่แล้ว +3

Has t430. Uses windows movie maker.
    Good video, but please use Hitfilm 4 Express

• @SharuSRG
      @SharuSRG 6 ปีที่แล้ว

hey. Windows Movie Maker isn't a thing anymore they shut it down. However all windows devices have windows movie maker

• @captianjessie1

personally i prefer the ibm style classic think pad keyboard. lenovo you really need to be doing your own thing not coping apple. at lest make the classic bussiness think pad as a classic think pad class and roll the new keyboard into the yoga line.

• @scott4766
    @scott4766 2 ปีที่แล้ว

I have one. The 1st computer I've ever had or been on and I find it brilliant but I don't know computers at all. I think I've been hacked. Can anybody help me. It would be a life saver as I can't afford a new one or afford to take it to be fixed.I don't even no If or how to fix it. It says I'm missing security and quality fixes and no trouble shooting. It did have,but its gone now. What have I done wrong. It still works and I can still watch movies and TH-cam. I just don't understand them. HELP.

• @itssahilpannu
    @itssahilpannu 3 ปีที่แล้ว

my laptop backlit is not turning on using fn+spacebar only light near camera is turning on

• @rogerbattisti8350
    @rogerbattisti8350 6 ปีที่แล้ว

hi i have a question. is the t430 good for writing codes and drawing objects for 3d printing?

• @catgirl_eva
    @catgirl_eva 9 ปีที่แล้ว

I'm willing to bet that the slot on the front is where a Smart Card reader would be.

• @KSLTech4
      @KSLTech4 9 ปีที่แล้ว

+Jonathan Domenech It is, actually.

• @catgirl_eva
      @catgirl_eva 9 ปีที่แล้ว

KSLTech Studios Wow, I was just taking a wild guess there. I've never actually seen a SmartCard reader on a ThinkPad. The ones that we have at work don't even have them.

• @KSLTech4
      @KSLTech4 9 ปีที่แล้ว

My T430 doesn't have one either. I just knew that the slot was for that purpose because I saw it in the service manual.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c 8 ปีที่แล้ว

It was an option, not a standard feature. As of yet I haven't seen any regular people who need one in their personal computer for any reason. If its a government system its quite possible to still need it, not sure if they still use the chip ID cards for computer access but that's what we used them for was for computer access, insert the card enter a PIN and you were logged in.

• @botknockout4502
    @botknockout4502 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I use a Lenovo idea pad *amd* but am really thinking about getting this pc with windows 7 worth it?

• @lindsaysvlogph
    @lindsaysvlogph 5 ปีที่แล้ว

How is the web camera of t430? Is it in HD or jst Vga? Thanks

• @lusteraliaszero
    @lusteraliaszero 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I don't think backlighting is a positive.

• @poletnhem9329
    @poletnhem9329 8 ปีที่แล้ว

hi bro,, wanna ask you for some help rgarding the keyboard on T430. I spoted the location of the prnt screen button on t430, ot was used to be like a menu button key on t420.. is there anyhow we can turn that menu button back on t430??

• @jazelim8688
    @jazelim8688 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi, im sorry but can you play gta v on it( if yes what setup and FPS).. i would be very grateful.. i want to buy it..
    NICE VID !!!

• @AstralSkiesss
    @AstralSkiesss 2 ปีที่แล้ว +1

i have t430 still

• @filmkaadda1703
    @filmkaadda1703 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Where is the CD ROM
    Reply please

• @GottaGeek
    @GottaGeek 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Is the T430 enough to do light video editing & half way decent for games?

•  5 ปีที่แล้ว

yeah bro. Even a T420 ;)

• @TheJman5520
    @TheJman5520 7 ปีที่แล้ว

would you recommend this or the t420? and do they both have the quadro graphics?

• @TheWretchedWorld
      @TheWretchedWorld 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

avoid the dedicated gpus. The t430s intel hd4000 performs nearly on par with them anyway and its one less thing to go wrong and less power consumption and heat.

• @botknockout4502
    @botknockout4502 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I finically learned how to bold “HUGE DI...DISPLAY”

• @Ray-dx2pf
    @Ray-dx2pf 9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

everytime you said 420 i cracked up

• @m333x
    @m333x 8 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey imull3, I've been watching you for a year now and i have a question. I've wanted a good and cheap laptop and i found a T420 with the nvidia gpu for 300 eur. It only has 4 gb ram but i can upgrade that later. Should i buy it?

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c 8 ปีที่แล้ว

I have a T410, seems to work great, only downside is the T410 and T420 may or may not run windows 10 properly due to the lack of hardware driver support. Like on my T410 I have the dual graphics cards, when I tried windows 10 both graphics cards installed as a general video card, even the onboard intel graphics card wasn't recognized.
      The T430 is the starting point for windows 10 support, I personally would start with the T430 as a minimum. Otherwise you have I think a couple years of windows 7 support left :(.

• @EpicStrategyGamer
      @EpicStrategyGamer 7 ปีที่แล้ว

that is not true, i have a t410 with full windows 10 driver support

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Blood, Guns, and Honor Some do and some don't. Mine doesn't because it has the crazy dual video card motherboard. No video after windows 10 install. Its not even recommended on the T410/T420 to install windows 10, some machines it works some it will not. Its a trial and error type thing :(.

• @Luiz-lj3qh
    @Luiz-lj3qh 8 ปีที่แล้ว

Hey buddy! would you tell me which T430 has a fingerprint reader? I saw a picture of this model in Lenovo website and yours apparently doesn't have one.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c 8 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Its optional on all T430's. You just have to find one with that option.

• @TheWretchedWorld
      @TheWretchedWorld 7 ปีที่แล้ว

the later ones didnt have it as apple bought out lenovos fingerprint authentication partner. It can easily be retrofitted by buying a palmwrest with one in it its plug and play.

• @Cotictimmy
    @Cotictimmy 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi techies, I'm a non-techie and I was wondering about memory upgrades. I've got the 8 gigs of RAM in my T430 - what could a person do with 16 gigs that they couldn't do with 8 gigs?
    Thanks for reading.

• @sorcey6957
      @sorcey6957 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Cotictimmy Unless you're doing intense video editing, photoshop, cad etc. I wouldn't worry about it. 8 gb is more than enough for your average user.

• @Cotictimmy
      @Cotictimmy 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I do a little photoshop but only basic operations with JPEGs and so far so good. I guess bigger files and lots of advanced layer stuff would rack up the demands.

• @bensgarage8325
    @bensgarage8325 6 ปีที่แล้ว

Would you still recommend one in 2018 for a travel laptop? xD

• @dgm778
      @dgm778 5 ปีที่แล้ว

t530, this laptop is a 0 cpu heat, with extended battery work at all day, i love it..

• @narendranarjun4704
    @narendranarjun4704 4 ปีที่แล้ว

How did u connect to wifi?

• @blazorb5907
    @blazorb5907 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Doesnt have 2 cores??

• @WaybackTECH
    @WaybackTECH 9 ปีที่แล้ว +7

Pretty much all modern laptops sold today have gone to that worthless touchpad that is also the buttons as well. Not to mention this multi-gesture bull shit. I hate, hate with a passion, modern laptops because of these new touchpads. It is unique, for a Windows 7 machine to have firewire. Didn't see that much anymore by the time true Win 7 machines came to market.

• @nuradiostation4013
    @nuradiostation4013 7 ปีที่แล้ว

how to get the wifi to work mines stop working and i cant plug a hard line up help me out

• @LCDqBqA
      @LCDqBqA 7 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Nuradio Station There is a switch on the right side of the laptop. Its a switch that turns the WiFi card off

• @breakingdanoise
    @breakingdanoise 7 ปีที่แล้ว

excuse me, anyone knows how to get in the bios of this 430? i tried f1, f2, all the fs actually and none of them works, also tried pressing the button on top right beside to the "mute-microfone" one and still doesnt work

• @daniss8828
      @daniss8828 6 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Hold Fn while pressing F1

• @ProWilson999
    @ProWilson999 7 ปีที่แล้ว

Would it be possible to swap the T420 keyboard into the T430?

• @ric84
      @ric84 7 ปีที่แล้ว

xXDahChubChubXx if i recall correctly ifixit.com has an article on it.
      it's possible bur requires a bit of fiddling.

• @maxc7198
    @maxc7198 4 ปีที่แล้ว

It is possible to install the old keyboard (T420) in a T430?

• @jbr84tx
    @jbr84tx 4 ปีที่แล้ว

Is the lighted keyboard standard or optional?

• @kamryn7496
      @kamryn7496 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Optional I bought a nice t430 for 30 dollars heck of a deal but mine didn’t come with a backlit keyboard but I ordered one off Amazon for 32$ an now it has one

• @Jallge
    @Jallge 9 ปีที่แล้ว

The peak of ThinkPad design was the T40 series. Everything after that has been of poor quality because Lenovo have very different ideals to IBM, one of which being their desire to actually make a profit. Not to mention the typical bastardisation of traditional technical design that is rampant nowadays.

• @paianis
      @paianis 9 ปีที่แล้ว +1

+MrMaguire You think IBM didn't want to make a profit?
      ThinkPads are still sturdy and robust, it's just that with R&D it is no longer necessary to have such a hefty case on a laptop anymore.
      The TouchPad redesign on the 2013/2014 models was a mistake. Since then they've returned to buttons for the TrackPoint and the TrackPad.

• @Jallge
      @Jallge 9 ปีที่แล้ว

Paianni IBM wanted to make a profit just like every business wants to make a profit. The problem IBM faced is that they thought it was still 1990, where they charged 10x as much for a desktop, compared to what they charged for a laptop in 2005.
      IBM lost a lot of money on their PC hardware. If you pour quality into a product, you need to charge over the odds for it, and there has to be a reason for people to buy into the idea. Hence Apple and what they do. Back in 1990 IBM could charge a lot for their computers, but not in 2005.
      When Lenovo took over IBM's PC lines, they cut costs. The T60 was the start of their cost cutting, and now that laptops are cheaper than ever before, so are ThinkPads. Hence the crap keyboards, 16:9 displays and everything else.

• @sleepless51
    @sleepless51 8 ปีที่แล้ว +2

Trying to decide betweeen t430 vs t430s.

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c 8 ปีที่แล้ว

Not much difference in weight in reality. The S is just a bit thinner and slightly lighter weight. No multi-media drive in the S model either....not that media drives are really used much now it seems like.

• @medleysa
      @medleysa 7 ปีที่แล้ว

This is correct. The weight isn't enough to make a huge difference. I'd get the T430. Should be cheaper, but the extended battery extends out the back instead of underneath it, which I find aesthetically better.

• @charlieghevans8939
    @charlieghevans8939 7 ปีที่แล้ว

I put the normal size 2.5" HDD in a T430 because banter

• @captianjessie1

star trek online should run decent with the intel hd4000

• @captianjessie1

why did lenovo changed the think pads by force which no think pad user asked for

• @BorongChhinBorong_Chhin
    @BorongChhinBorong_Chhin 8 ปีที่แล้ว

Hello brother .Does Lenovo ThinkPad t420 has core i7.
    Please answer to me because I need your help... Thanks

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c 8 ปีที่แล้ว

Very rarely and pretty expensive option back then.

• @stevaningram777
      @stevaningram777 8 ปีที่แล้ว +2

you can install an i7 easily in it for 70 bucks or less.

• @Ak0tnik
      @Ak0tnik 8 ปีที่แล้ว

Which is the process for that? Does it need a specific i7 series?

• @wildbill23c
      @wildbill23c 8 ปีที่แล้ว

Pedro De Oliveira Disassemble the laptop so you can access the motherboard and the CPU. Remove the old CPU, install the new CPU, reassemble the computer

• @Ak0tnik
      @Ak0tnik 8 ปีที่แล้ว +1

Well, for sure there are more steps for this... But thanks

• @boothman9321
    @boothman9321 8 ปีที่แล้ว

Does this take ddr3 ram (204 ping)?

• @lmull3
      @lmull3  8 ปีที่แล้ว

+Opjink Yes

• @EpicStrategyGamer
      @EpicStrategyGamer 8 ปีที่แล้ว +1

+lmull3 T430 is amazing I got one and I just cant even use my desktop anymore because im hooked on thinkpads now. Unfortunately i got the shit sanyo battery which was at 20% capacity..... But my grandmothers t420 has the 9 cell and its from a different manufacturer and was at 1% wear. It was brand new.... we lucked out on that.
      You and Jack Stavris were the guys who convinced me to buy a thinkpad lol.

• @ariathyf144
    @ariathyf144 4 ปีที่แล้ว

For the T series it's the beginning of the downward spiral.
    Looks over functionality and productivity.

• @cotomakassar3223
    @cotomakassar3223 5 ปีที่แล้ว

Hi dude, is thre no bluetooth?

• @kv-2743
      @kv-2743 4 ปีที่แล้ว

it has bluetooth 4

• @JJsAdventure23
      @JJsAdventure23 4 ปีที่แล้ว

@@kv-2743 wait ,it plays bluetooth too???

• @littlemcareni38
    @littlemcareni38 3 ปีที่แล้ว

Had two of the same model t430 bad sector

• @ooka7705
    @ooka7705 5 ปีที่แล้ว +1

0:55 ain’t nothing but a bitch lasanga

• @naxi4206
    @naxi4206 7 ปีที่แล้ว

can it take csgo?