HOW To Install Solar Panel VWT5 & T6

แชร์
ฝัง

ความคิดเห็น • 26

• @jersovauto
    @jersovauto  9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Camper VAN upgrade PLAYLIST 👉th-cam.com/play/PLpuRGa_w9p3lULPavR2Dc8H03rS2zawRe.html

• @vwcamper2065
    @vwcamper2065 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thank you for the video I’ve got the t5 barn door I’m going to do the same

• @tomoyster7349
    @tomoyster7349 14 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Hi there, great video. I'm about to out a 300w solar panel on the roof of a t4. Where did you the cross bars, would be a better job than drilling but with the larger panel it will need to be a lot more secure with the wind catching it. Cheers

• @vwtransportersandmotorcycl3729
    @vwtransportersandmotorcycl3729 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Very informative video mate. Your editing and graphics are top notch too so I don’t understand why you don’t have more subscribers!!

• @jersovauto

Would be nice to get 1000000 subscribers 🙈😂 But Rome wasn’t built in a day. I’ll keep going regardless!!! Thank you for your support 🙏 🤜
      I’m struggling with engine management light now…shows up as MAF sensor…cleaned it…didn’t help, changed it didn’t help…can’t find any vacuum leaks…thinking about taking off and cleaning intake manifold… any ideas 💡??? Any advice is much appreciated 😊

@vwtransportersandmotorcycl3729 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@jersovauto ah shit…….have you managed to delete the stored code first?

• @jersovauto

I have ..but it still coming back…I think I might found an issue now..I think intercooler is leaking air… it might be another interesting video 😉 😊

@vwtransportersandmotorcycl3729 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@jersovauto The pipes are known for coming undone once the lug wears off too. Hope you crack it and cant wait for the video🤙

• @patrickpirelli7897
    @patrickpirelli7897 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

I get my roof rails tomoz with two cross bars like yours and was wondering how to fit the panel to the cross bars and if ive watched tiur vid right you used self tapping screws to screw up into the cross bar is that what you used mate???

• @jersovauto
      @jersovauto  2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hi, tek screws will do the job, but if u want to be 100% sure u can drill hole 🕳️ through crossbars and use bolts and nuts. But as I said I’ve used tek screws with no issues!!!
      Something like that:
      www.screwfix.ie/p/easydrive-flange-self-drilling-stitching-screws-with-washers-6-3mm-x-25mm-100-pack/4259h
      Thanks for watching 👍

• @xyzale
    @xyzale 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thanks for sharing. I think I will follow your advice to attach it to the crossbars. The only question I have is about the tek screws in the crossbars that are holding the solar panel weight. Are they safe enough?

• @jersovauto
      @jersovauto  4 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hi 👋 , 2 tek screws per bracket are more then enough IMO … it’s been nearly a year now since I’ve done it like that they holding the solar panel very well..it’s rock solid 👍 but if you have doubts perhaps you can drill trough cross bars and use bolts and nuts 🔩to fasten you solar panel .. but I personally think it’s an overkill . Hope it helps and thanks for watching 👍

• @xyzale
      @xyzale 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

@@jersovauto thank you ❤️

• @alkers
    @alkers 9 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Thanks a million, plan to copy very closely. What roof rails / bars do you have?

• @jersovauto
      @jersovauto  9 หลายเดือนก่อน

4x4ni.com/product/vw-transporter-t5-t6-lwb-roof-rails-and-cross-bars-black-set/
      I might do a video on them as well...fixing bolts were just too short:/ had to buy longer ones..video might save you a lot of frustration ;)

• @adamleeke9646
    @adamleeke9646 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

What cable size did you pull through the van to the solar panel mate?

• @jersovauto
      @jersovauto  2 หลายเดือนก่อน

9:50 says 6mm square 😊 😂 👍

• @OnlyDans848
    @OnlyDans848 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Nice install! Is no drilling possible with the tailgate version?

• @jersovauto
      @jersovauto  7 หลายเดือนก่อน

Good question… but not sure about tailgate version.. 🤷‍♂️ sorry

• @michaelwilliams3861
    @michaelwilliams3861 18 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Hi, has the solar panel bracket stayed attached ok, with the screws from underneath?

• @jersovauto
      @jersovauto  18 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Rock solid! No problem at all 👍

• @michaelwilliams3861

@@jersovauto I’ve got the same roof bars, a bigger panel, the prob I might have, is getting cable through, as I’ve got a ceiling and cupboards fitted etc

• @jersovauto

@@michaelwilliams3861 yeah ideally you would do all your wiring before furniture fit out. But nevertheless go for it !Solar ☀️ is great addition to your camper!!! Especially with a weather we r having now!!! 👍 👍 👍

• @michaelwilliams3861

@@jersovauto I’m definitely doing it, I’ve got the solar panel on the living room floor as well speak. I think about the cable laying after the panel is up.
      Where are you by the way?

• @jersovauto

Ireland 🇮🇪 ✌️