CHEAPEST Flat Bottom Steering Wheel upgrade for your VW Transporter T5

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 5 ส.ค. 2024
  • Some upgrades are more expensive than others! A flat bottom steering wheel for my pre-facelift Vw Transporter T5 has been on the list for a while but finding one without buttons and for the right money has taken a while and that the airbag system would work. Today I find what I think is the cheapest and best looking option which comes from a volkswagen UP!
    I go through the process and HOW TO change to the new steering wheel and make the airbag work with your van! As you can see from the thumbnail I had the very cheapest option of the standard VW UP wheel but then I also won a leather one for a bargain.
    00:00 Intro
    00:23 The Up Steering wheel
    01:38 How to Remove your steering wheel
    04:08 Comparing both Steering wheels
    05:21 How to make the airbags work
    08:14 Fitting the VW UP Steering wheel
    10:41 Whoops I brought a leather one!
    12:31 Outro
    Check out all the fantastic products we have to offer on the website:
    www.rjwcustoms.co.uk/
    Follow along on our social media also:
    / rjw_customs
    / rjwcustoms
    #vw #volkswagen #transporter #t5 #vwt5 #vwtransporter #volkswagentransporter #volkswagent5 #modifiedvans #rjwcustoms #prefacelift #steeringwheel #flatbottomwheel #vwup #up #howto #steeringwheelupgrade
  • ยานยนต์และพาหนะ

ความคิดเห็น • 12

• @colinhill6287
    @colinhill6287 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Looks great mate, thanks for sharing. I have 5.1 so I’m guessing it’s no different, so the wiring is identical other than the main connector?

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

As long as you haven't got multifunction buttons on your current wheel it should be the same process. The plug on the actual airbag is pretty much universal

• @danleflem9651
    @danleflem9651 12 วันที่ผ่านมา +1

Hi mate, I’ve done the same in my T5 09 plate and the airbag light is always on, changed the loom for a new one and still the same. Any ideas ?
    Thanks

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  12 วันที่ผ่านมา

Hi, if you did it with it live and it saw the airbag not connected at any point, the stored code will put the airbag light on until it is cleared using diagnostic software

• @looneyrickstar
    @looneyrickstar หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Hi RJW , if i already have cruise control on my multi function steering wheel and I upgrade the steering wheel with the ACC button can that be coded in or is it more involved? Many Thanks.

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  หลายเดือนก่อน

Hi Rick,
      Does your van have the distance sensor on the front of it to be able to use the ACC function?

• @der.kdf.brother
    @der.kdf.brother 3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

NICE! Have to do that also because mine it looks like it was chewed on by a tiger. The UP steering wheel you used, from what year of UP is it? Friendly greetings

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  3 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Hi there, yes it's a very good upgrade! The steering wheel was from a 2014 VW Up.

• @marktipton218
    @marktipton218 7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

When you say 2005 is that on woods coz I have a 2005 caddy so can I do this to mine thanks bud

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  7 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Yes it uses the same splined type column so you will be able to do this same modification. I would have thought the airbag wiring will be the same situation as well

• @jacksingh6707
    @jacksingh6707 4 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Hi pal do you think the Audi a3 steering will fit the vw t5.

• @RJW_Customs
      @RJW_Customs  3 หลายเดือนก่อน

Hi, it should do, what age is the a3?