Homestead Heartbreak 💔 Kat Matthews on injury at Miami T100

แชร์
ฝัง
  • เผยแพร่เมื่อ 15 มี.ค. 2024
  • Kat Matthews was left in utter despair 400m into the run at the Miami T100 after a calf injury put end to her hopes of a potential podium or race victory to kick start the 2024 season.
    The British star talks with Jack Kelly following the race about what happened and explains what was said between her and her husband Mark before she called it a day at the Homestead-Miami Speedway.
    #T100 #MiamiT100 #Triathlon
    ------------------
    🔔 SUBSCRIBE to our TH-cam channel: / @t100triathlon
    🌐 VISIT our website to access more content: t100triathlon.com
    ✉️ SIGN UP to race T100 Triathlon: t100triathlon.com/participate
    📲 FOLLOW us on all our social networks:
    🖼 Instagram: / t100triathlon
    ⏯ Facebook: / t100triathlon
    🐦 Twitter: / t100triathlon
    🤪 Tik Tok: / protriathlon
  • กีฬา

ความคิดเห็น • 35

• @damianoliver4345
    @damianoliver4345 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +32

I absolutely love jack Kelly being a part of this series of racing,the whole commentary crew done an amazing job 👊

• @gabebinversie4902
    @gabebinversie4902 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +16

Really enjoying these casual post race chats with Jack. He’s been a great addition. Knows how to ask the right questions.

• @mysho6317
    @mysho6317 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +14

Wonderful Person & Athlete who has had a very rough roller coaster ride over the last 18 months. Hopefully '24 will smooth out for Kat & She can return to 100% in order to reach her expectations / goals. 🙏🤞

• @Mikalyn
    @Mikalyn 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Our family had the live coverage on and kudos to all the athletes that were able to endure the tough conditions.

• @skshain
    @skshain 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Love the in person visual interviews.

• @iznasni
    @iznasni 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +4

I’ve had calf injuries, and sometimes you can run (and aggravate the injury) for 10K, but sometimes, when it’s a tear and not just a strain, it’s game over in 200 metres 😢. A strain can be over in 4 to 5 days, a tear is 5 to 6 weeks, but you know that 😊. Good luck with the rehab and don’t rush the return to competition. I was rooting for you 👍

• @gourami7
      @gourami7 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Calf injury on the run is so often game over
      Heal well !

• @triathlonant715
      @triathlonant715 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

A strain is a tear

• @iznasni
      @iznasni 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@triathlonant715 A strain is the 1st level of a tear, but the muscle is not actually torn. If you keep running the muscle will tear. Believe me I’ve had both, in one case you can run 4 to 5 days later and in the second case you limp severely after and you’re not fit to run for the next 5 to 6 weeks!

• @GiuseppeRubulotta-zn9qw
    @GiuseppeRubulotta-zn9qw 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Kat is a terrific athlete that always fight to the end.

• @michaelgriffiths305
    @michaelgriffiths305 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

My favourite triathlete. I’m a Brit - think I’ve seen Kat in passing out and about in my local area, doing her training so really gotta back her!
    She’ll win big once it goes right. Perhaps not the series this year but maybe 70.3 worlds or IM Worlds. She’s had more than her fair share of adversary but she’s too good….
    It’s gonna happen!!!

• @katewalsh9193
    @katewalsh9193 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

The shot of Mark on his own with his head in his hands 🥺

• @Dee3917
    @Dee3917 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Great interview! Yep - not sure what it is about Tri throwing folk into crazy humid environments. Seems sometimes like a test of who can melt the least!

• @Dean_Skipper
    @Dean_Skipper 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Always goes into every race super confident but still no end product yet.

• @beverleynoble190
    @beverleynoble190 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

Over confidence can be a downfall, also bordering on arrogance, hope you have a speedy recovery, and get that podium win 🏆 👍

• @hellotiger99
    @hellotiger99 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +3

We need a camera dedicated to following Mark and Kat around next race just to capture the drama 😂

• @vozzen
    @vozzen 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Probably should add some speed work to her running in the future for stronger calves

• @mynextcartobuy
    @mynextcartobuy 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

The way PTO have the contracted athletes obligated to complete 6 races… I would have walked for the rest of race.
    She will now be required to be healthy and fit for too many races in her year’s schedule.
    Sounds like she may miss Singapore.

• @ironman140.6
    @ironman140.6 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Kate has changed.

• @israel_started_it_ALL_in_1948
    @israel_started_it_ALL_in_1948 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

I bailed after the mens race. what happened?

• @troycollett8540
    @troycollett8540 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +2

Not a fan of her husband after he tried to get an age groupers TH-cam channel taken down

• @HashBrownDoyler
      @HashBrownDoyler 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

What happened?

• @troycollett8540
      @troycollett8540 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

@@HashBrownDoyler he didn’t like the content so tried to get TH-cam to delete a channel

• @chrisjcmp69
      @chrisjcmp69 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

I think we can move on now Mark and Dan have, mark is good for triathlon

• @MR-wh5wp
      @MR-wh5wp 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

Omg move on already

• @jaychu3850
    @jaychu3850 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Mark 🤡 …. Kat needs to drop him as coach. My god. Guy does nothing for her…he’s a PR liability and she can find a coach who can offer way more in terms of training.

• @shihuachin1990
      @shihuachin1990 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +6

Mark isn't her coach. He is her husband. Her coach is Bjorn Geesman

• @ln5747
    @ln5747 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

Would she cry and have a breakdown in war when she's leading men and things are going a lot worse than a triathlon race?

• @gabeduran8321
    @gabeduran8321 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

That Dingus of a partner of Kathy, wanting her to "QUIT", what kinda support is that? If she wants to walk for 1.5 hours, let Her!!!! It's the sense of accomplishment even if she unfortunately has to walk 17 of the 18 kms!!! That Dingus just became an "ENABLER" of from now on, if things go awry in any event, Poor Kathy will now have an excuse to pull the plug and just "QUIT"!!!!! Not good at all!!! : ( If Kathy would have not had that calf issue, she would have potentially gotten a great run and four show come at least Top 5! No Doubt!!!! Like that Ultra runner mentality: "Everything is going great, until it isn't!" or "You don't know, until you know!" Good job for Kathy, she really looks like she has trimmed down a tad, from her former "Tank-Like/Chieftain Battle-Tank Phisique!" She was surely ready for Battle on the Run (Especially when she is so conceded to state that she would be Faster than Indie Lee) How dare you Kathy!! And why you lying, it was simply and argument and your partner, he should have stayed in his "LANE" and simply just let you BE!!! You have to "self-actualize" even if things are going all wrong for you!!! Kathy knows this as a Physio!! Dahhhh! All the best Kathy in San Fran and by this do you mean Oceanside, CA? GG! Get -er-done Kathy without the enabler!! GG!

• @99cya
      @99cya 2 หลายเดือนก่อน

dont worry, kat knows better. but yes, he should just stfu and let her do her thing.

• @chrisjcmp69
      @chrisjcmp69 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +9

She knew she was hurt, Mark was doing the right thing! Top man Mark

• @MR-wh5wp
      @MR-wh5wp 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +10

Look how bad Lucy made her calf after running on it at kona.
      Sure Kat could have walked for 3 hours around the track and felt "accomplished" for finishing. But that's not what professional racing is about. Her body is her money maker, and if she walks for 3hrs on a torn calf then she may be out for 3 months. By pulling out, she has improved the recovery time for her calf and has a better chance of racing soon. Also, her husband was a legend. Sometimes you need an outsider's perspective when you are going through a really hard situation like that to help you make a rational decision.

• @katewalsh9193
      @katewalsh9193 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +8

Love that you apparently know what is best for her but cant even get her name right 🤣🤣

• @cd66061
      @cd66061 2 หลายเดือนก่อน +1

‘Dingus’.. 😂